Sunday 29 January 2012

Spotlight on ...

Welcome to the first Spotlight On feature! Every month, on the last Sunday of the month, we will get to know a little bit more about one of our fellow participants!

Today, I hand you over to Jo :)

Tell us a little bit about yourself
My name is Jo and I'm 44 ( I really thought I was only 43 on my last birthday till my Mum put me straight - doh!) I live in the beautiful North East of Scotland between Inverness and Aberdeen. It's a long way from anywhere but it means that we do get plenty of snow in Winter which makes me very happy!!

What on earth possessed you to attempt a photo-a-day challenge?
I did a photo a day challenge back in 2010 and to be honest I was heartily sick of it by the time it got to October! But I am hoping this challenge will be different with a daily prompt to get my brain cells working.

Tell us a bit about your photography
I started taking photos when I started scrapbooking although I have to admit I was a reluctant crafter at first - but the bug soon took hold. Hubby brought me a bridge camera (or two) to start with which were great. But then my Dad very generously bought me a Canon 450D. I love it to pieces even though it can be slightly tempremental - it went to camera A&E but they couldn't find anything wrong with it. I lust after a 60D but need to save plenty of pennies first. I do use PSE6 but my editing is minimal - but have to say I am in love with Instagram on the ipad.

Share with us your favourite photo
My best photo is a lucky shot I took whilst on holiday on the Isle of Skye several summers ago - taken whilst we were right at the top of the island. I love it so much I have had it made into a canvas that has pride of place in my hall – where everyone has no chance but to see it – it is also my blog header and my Facebook timeline photo.


If you knew you would not fail, what would be your dream job?
Dream job??? I always had a dream of running my own tea shop – I would serve and my wonderful mother in law would do all the baking. I should think running your own successful photography business would be pretty cool too.

Anything else you wish to share?
You can read more of my ramblings on my blog (plenty of photos and minimal crafting and some book reviews) Here is the link to find me - http://mrsbeee.blogspot.com/ You can also find me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/jo.bee2 - and if you play Farmville I always need more neighbours (sad I know!!) I have just become the proud owner of an ipad and am in love with some of the camera aps on there – and I am mrsjobee over on Instagram.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely to know more about you Jo :)

    I have loved your photos so much. It is interesting to know what you use to get them.

    I look forward to seeing your photos over the rest of the year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for telling us more about yourself. It is good to get to know other members better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea the 'spotlight on' IS.........looking forward to getting to know all of the participants - might learn something about myself tooooooooooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Jo's blog- she has fantastic photography and a great choice in books, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it's a great idea Suzie, I'm sure we will all enjoy getting some new online crafty blogger friends!

    ReplyDelete